Make Your Own: Crispy Sushi
The Dempsey Cookhouse and Bar
An all-time crowd favourite, this is a Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten special that you can now assemble yourself in the comfort of your kitchen. Ideal for a grand start to your meal, or as a delightful dish to add to your spread.
Good for one, or share as a side between two
What’s in the Kit?
4 pieces of sushi rice
1 piping bag of chipotle mayonnaise
1 container of sushi soy sauce
1 container of micro coriander and micro mint
4 salmon sashimi slices
1. Preheat your oven to 177°C (350°F).
2. Place the sushi rice pieces on a tray and put in the oven for 2 minutes.
3. Cut off the tip of the piping bag and pipe a dollop of chipotle mayonnaise on each piece of rice.
4. Lay the sashimi slices on top of the chipotle mayonnaise.
5. Glaze the sashimi slices with the sushi soy sauce.
6. Top each slice of fish with micro cilantro and micro mint.
7. Dig in! Pair it with a glass of white wine of your choice.